ABOUT SUMMER LEAGUE JR. NBA
The goal of Summer League Jr. NBA is to assist the youth throughout Southern Nevada and to provide them with healthy programming focused on leadership, sportsmanship, and accountability while instilling positive core values.
Developed by the operators of the annual NBA Summer League, Summer League Jr. NBA is the premier 6th, 7th and 8th grade boys and girls basketball league in Las Vegas comprised of student-athletes from local middle schools.
The Summer League Jr. NBA is funded by the Tomorrow’s Stars Foundation.
SETTING A NEW STANDARD
All participants in the league were selected to participate in a tryout by being nominated by their school’s basketball coaches. All players are required to meet and maintain grade and conduct requirements. Participants in the league were chosen from an evaluation tryout with over 200 participants.
The boys and girls championship teams will be honored during a half-time at the NBA Summer League taking place at Thomas & Mack Center and Cox Pavilion.
- The league is comprised of 16 teams (8 boys / 8 girls)
- The boys teams and girls teams are split into conferences (Western Conference / Eastern Conference)
- Each team will have six (6) practices
- Each team will play six (6) games
- The Spring League begins March 2019 / Fall League begins September 2019 (all teams make the playoffs)
- Championship Games for the Spring League will be played May 2019 and the Fall League will be played November 2019
All Summer League Jr. NBA practices and games will take place at the Tarkanian Basketball Academy
Tarkanian Basketball Academy Address:
2730 S Rancho Dr
Las Vegas, NV 89102