CODE OF CONDUCT – ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
- Cursing, inappropriate language or behavior will result in immediate ejection for players, parents, and/or spectators. Offenses will be reviewed by the league director and officials. Appropriate action will be taken. Ejections are not subject to appeal. Anyone ejected more than twice in one season (player or offending parent/guardian), may be permanently removed from the league, by the decision of league directors.
PROTESTS / APPEALS
- Protests arising from the decisions and interpretations of the rules, or calls by officials during the game, will not be considered.
- The decision of the official is final. Correctable errors must be corrected during the game.
LEAGUE PLAY RULES
- DIVISION: 6TH, 7TH & 8TH Grade
- QUARTERS: Four(4) 8-Minute Quarters
- OVERTIME PERIOD: 1st OT: 2 Minutes • After: 1 Minute
- HALF-TIME: 2 Minutes
- WARM UP: 2 Minutes
- BALL SIZE: Girls: 28.5 • Boys: 29.5
- FOULS: 6 Fouls
- CLOCK: Stops on ALL Dead Balls
NFHS MIDDLE SCHOOL RULES APPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTION
- On ball five (5) second count while dribbling and holding the ball is in effect (front court only).
- Ten (10) second back-court count, when no shot clock is being used.
- One thirty (30) second & two (2) full time-outs per game. Time-outs do not carry over into overtime. Each team will receive one (1) additional full time-out if the game proceeds to go into overtime at the final buzzer.
- When there is a twenty (20) point lead in the last two (2) minutes of the second half, the clock will run automatically and continuously for the remainder of the game.
- A player (girl) is disqualified on the eighth (8) personal foul.
- A player (boy) is disqualified on the sixth (6) personal foul.
- Technical fouls count as a personal foul and team foul.
- Two (2) technical fouls on any player or coach will result in an ejection from the game.
- Two (2) ejections in the league will result in removal for the remainder of the league. League directors have final decision on whether player or coach may participate in future leagues.
- Coach is required to sit after the first technical foul. The next admonition by an official will result in a second technical foul and ejection from the game.
- Teams will shoot “one and one” on the tenth (10) team foul and two (2) shots on any shooting foul.
- All players may enter the lane when the ball is released by the shooter.
- Six (6) players in the lane plus the shooter below the top of the key.
- One (1) head to head.
- Two (2) point differential with a maximum of thirteen (13) points. Example: team a wins 45-21 but their point differential will be +13.
- Three (3) total points allowed.
INTERRUPTED GAME / SCHEDULED GAME NOT STARTED
- Any game interrupted, for any reason, shall be resumed from the point of interruption. Any game, which is not started due to unforeseen circumstances, including a team not ready to start the game due to missing players, is considered a “no contest.”
- A player may play on only one team within the Summer League Jr. NBA League.
- A player may play on a team(s) outside of the Summer League Jr. NBA League, however, missing more than two practices and/or two games during the season may result in removal from the team.
- League issued uniforms & shooting shirts must be worn at games with white socks.
- Jersey’s must be tucked in and shorts must be worn on the hips. “Sagging” is not permitted.
- A short-sleeved shirt may be worn under the jersey; however, it must be solid white in color.
- White socks are to be worn on game nights.
- Hats and headgear are not permitted at practices or in games.
- Stretch headbands and wristbands are permitted but must be a solid color, matching the jersey and may not be of the type that are tied or have extending fabric hanging down.
- Jewelry of any kind may not be worn during games or at practices. This includes, but is not limited to: earrings, facial jewelry, rings, or bracelets. Rubber (silicone) wristbands are permitted.
- Shooting sleeves are permitted but must be a solid color (white, black, or gray).
- Braces, casts, splints, etc. Are never permitted to be worn during a game or practice.
- Uniforms must be returned at the end of each game. Uniforms not returned at the end of the league may result in a fee and disqualification from participation in future leagues.